Prof Dr Ashraf Reda
- of cardiology department, College of medicine, Menofiya University.
- President of EAVA (Egyptian Association of Vascular biology and Atherosclerosis )
- Director and PI of the ongoing Egyptian Cardiovascular Risk Factors Project
- National Lead Investigator for Egypt in FHSC of European Atherosclerosis Society
- Founder of WGLVR (Working Group for Lipidology, Vascular biology and Research),
a division of the Egyptian Society of Cardiology
- Founding Chairman of EGYBAC (Egyptian board of Accreditation in Cardiology)
- Former Elect board member and Treasure EgSC
- BCH: Ain Shams University, December 1979.
- Master degree in cardiology. El-Azhar University, 1984.
- MD degree in cardiology. Menofiya University, 1991.
- FESC, fellowship of European Society of Cardiology
- 1981-1984: Acting Cardiology Resident: ElAzhar University
- 1985-1990: Assistant lecturer of Cardiology: ElAzhar University
- 1990-1992: Assistant lecturer of Cardiology: Menofia University
- 1992-1997: Lecturer of Cardiovascular Medicine
- 1997-2000: Ass. Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine & acting head of Cardiology department, Menofia University.
- 28-1-2002: Professor of Cardiology
- 28-1-2002-10-12-2005: Head of Cardiology department
- 11-12-2005- 11-12-2008: Vice Dean for Postgraduate studies, Research and Cultural affair: College of Medicine, Menofiya university
- 14/12/2008-15/1/2015 Head of cardiology department Menofia University.
- One year Internship: Ain Shams University hospital.
- Three years Cardiology resident: El-Azhar University.
- Five year CCU specialist As-Salam international hospital
- Clinical and invasive consultant cardiology, As-Salam hospital since 1991.
- Visiting clinical and interventional cardiology consultant Hamad medical corporation, Doha, Qatar, 1991-1993.
- Director of cardiac catheterization lab. And CCU, Menofia university, 1991-2006.
- Head of cardiology Dep. Menofia University-Egypt 2002-2005 and 2008 -2015
- Chairman of the Annual Lipid conference and interactive cardiology course since 1997 „Annual Cardio-lipid congress”
- President of EAVA
- Chairman of The 31th annual international congress of the Egyptian Society of cardiology (EGSC) 2004
- Elective board member of the Egyptian society of Cardiology since 2005.
- Founder of the working group for Lipidology, Vascular biology and Research “WGLVR”, division of the Egyptian Society of Cardiology
- Founding member of the insurance committee for cardiology in Menofia governorate
- Secretary EgSC 2006-2010
- Chairman of the Egyptian Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EGBAC) since November 2007
- Fellowship of the European society of cardiology ESC
- Chairman of the 38th annual international conference of the EgSC Feb. 2011
- Faculty member Euro PCI
- Faculty member TCT 2010( moderator and discussant)
- Publishing and supervising MS and MD thesis and papers in different cardiovascular subjects.
- Principle investigator and chairman of the executive committee of the “Egyptian Lipid and Risk Factors Project” current multi-center observational study of the pattern of risk factor profile of Egyptian patients with ACS: a prospective 3year study.
- Principle investigator: Protocol Title: “A Comparison of Prasugrel and Clopidogrel in Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) Subjects with Unstable Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (UA/NSTEMI) Who are Medically Managed – The TRILOGY ACS Study”. Protocol Number: H7T-MC-TABY(b). Sponsor: Eli-Lilly
- Principle investigator of ATLAS ACS 2 TIMI 51 / RIVAROXACS3001 Study RIVAROXACS-3001, sponsored by Johnson and Johnson
- Principle investigator EXAMINE – ProtocolSYR-322_402 Protocol Title: “A Multi-center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate Cardiovascular Outcomes Following Treatment with an Alogliptin, in Addition to Standard of Care, in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes and Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Centralized Pan-Middle East Survey on the Under-Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia: Results from the CEPHEUS Study in Egypt Cardiology and Therapy. November 2014, Date: 18 Nov 2014; A. Reda, A. A. Abdel-Rehim, A. Etman, O. S. A. Afifi
- ESC heart failure 8, July, 2015 :Clinical characteristics and management of hospitalized and ambulatory patients with heart failure–results from ESC heart failure long-term registry–Egyptian cohort
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2015. DOI: 10.1002/ehf2.12046
Ashraf Reda MD,FESC
Web site: www.cardio-.org
Office: !- 127 Mohd. Fareed St. Bab-Ellouk- Cairo-Egypt
2- 1 Gamal abdelnaser St Shebin Elkom-Egypt
Office: College of Medicine, Menofia University, Shebin Elkom- Menofia- Egypt