Latvian Center of Cardiology, Paul Stradins Clinical University Hospital
- Clinical and interventional cardiologist (since March 2000) at the Coronary care unit and Heart Catheterization Laboratory.
- Supervisor for postgraduate training in cardiology (since September 2009).
Faculty of Medicine, University of Latvia
- Tutor and lecturer in cardiology (2001-2007).
- Docent (assistant professor) in Cardiology (2007-2011).
- Associate professor (2011-2015)
- Professor (since 1.12.2015.)
- Vice-dean (1.7.2016-30.06.2019)
- Director of the study program “Medicine” (1.7.2016-30.06.2019).
Latvian Institute of Cardiology and Regenerative Medicine, University of Latvia
- Investigator (2006-2007)
- Leading investigator (since 2008)
Membership in professional societies and scientific institutions
- Corresponding member of the Latvian Academy of Sciences (since 21.11.2019)
- Member and Board member of the Latvian Society of Cardiology
- Member and Fellow, European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Member and Board member of the Latvian Medical Association (since November 2010)
- Member of the Council of the Certification of the Latvian Medical Association (since November 2010, reelected in December 2014, chairman since December 2014)
- Member and board member of the Baltic Atherosclerosis Society (secretary, 2004-2007; president 2013-2018).
- Professional member, American Heart Association (AHA)