Current function : university professor
Current Lab assignement :
Biochemistry department: La Rabta Hospital.
Title of the laboratory: research Laboratory « Clinical Biochemistry » LR99ES11
Adress: Médecine Faculty of Tunis, Djebel Lakhdhar street n° 15. La Rabta 1007, Tunis – Tunisia
Institution : Tunis el MANAR University
1980: Licence of human biology faculty of des Sciences de Dijon
1981: Master of human biology, Nutrition option, faculty of des Sciences de Dijon
1985: PhD in applied Biology, nutrition and feeding option, university of Dijon.
1990-1997: PhD in Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science of Tunis.
Main subject: Molecular markers associated with obesity and cardiovascular risk of apolipoprotein B and lipoprotein lipase.
Additional subject: the human plasma lipoprotein structure and function.
Scientific manager :
- Head of molecular biology unit created in the Biochemistry Department since January 2002.
- Coordinator and participating in projects:
- Analysis of biochemical data, genetic polymorphisms, nutritional and socio-demographic for monitoring risk factors for atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease in the prospective study TUNFAS (TunisianAtherosclerosis Risk Factor Study) cohort 2004-2010, (a sample representative of the population of greater Tunis, aged 35 to 70 years).
- Case control study of Myocardial Infarction in Tunisian population
- Identification of candidate genes for type 2 diabetes in the Tunisian population. Follow up study of a population of coronary patients, factors influencing mortality and cardiovascular events.
- Clopidogrel resistance in a cohort of Tunisian patients hospitalized for acute coronary syndromes: Prevalence of biological and genetic determinants and prognostic implications.
- Epidemiology ofcardiovascular disease, retrospective study of 44 000 records.
- Studyof morbid obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2, or ≥ + 35 Kg/m² associated co-morbidities) and genetic polymorphisms in subjects aged 18 to 60 years.
Teaching in the Master of Biochemistry and techno-biology at the Faculty of Science of Tunis.
- Founding member and general secretary of the association of Researchers of North Africans in France from 1993 to 1996.
- President of the Tunisian association of study and research on Atherosclerosis.